Sunday, January 17, 2010

Forget Paleo...let's get on the Gorilla Diet!

Rather than revert to cavemen on the “Paleo” stone age diet, how about we learn from our gorilla ancestors and go on the gorilla diet.



Foliage: shoots, stems, flowers, roots, leaves, berries (I should also mention insects and caterpillars).

I bet that would cure diabetes. A study already proved it drops cholesterol as much as a statin.

What would Jane Goodall think of this?!


mmmmm!

This diet would lengthen our telomeres, I'm almost sure of it.

5 comments:

  1. Gorillas (and ancient humans) in the wild never ate fake foods from chemical factories, like margarine.

    Getting rid of all fake foods in our diet would be a great first step.

    Butter Tzar and Ministry of Made-Up Statistics

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear from you, Jim!

    Yes, getting rid of fake foods would be a good start! It's amazes how much of this we put into our bodies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm going to try and mix in the bark from the tree outside my house into a salad for lunch today. i'll let you know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds good - don't forget to throw in some insects and worms if you can.

    Thanks for trying this out for everyone else, Craig! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read your blog and it makes an impact. Makes me pay attention to the stuff your right.
    Tho I really like eating red meat, I am :( that it does not suit my system well, all this body awareness I get from ashtanga practice is making me notice stuff.
    If you see someone looking like a cross between an alien and predator with a glum face that would be me. I plan on being happy like a primate.

    ReplyDelete