This has included:
- Breathing slowly and holding my breath between each inhale and exhale (a perfect exercise while sitting in meetings or on a plane)
- Engaging uddiyana and mula bandha all the time
- Chewing slowly and mindfully (trying for 25-50 chews per mouthful - this is surprisingly hard!)
- Eating healthy snacks and meals at regular times
- Doing backbends when feeling sleepy or lethargic (easy to do against any wall or door)
- Observing my mental chatter and noticing when they jump to the future or past
- Smiling (especially when I don’t feel like it)
- Maintaining equanimity (or at least attempting to)
The Bhagavad Gita says:
"Self-possessed, resolute, act
without any thought of results,
open to success or failure.
This equanimity is yoga."
This equanimity is yoga. I like that.