Thursday, December 17, 2009

Healing process and practice

I’ve been observing myself going through this healing process. At first I felt frustrated, irritable, unmotivated, etc. It’s been over a week and my rib is still hurting, stopping me from practicing normally. But over the past few days I’ve been feeling more content... and actually, I’m kind of starting to enjoy my time off.

Or maybe this new perspective is from “juicing.” I’m on my third day of JUST JUICE (pomegranate, blueberry, carrot, greens & spirulina... anything I can find that’s colorful and antioxidant-filled). I’m getting plenty of calories, but giving my GI tract a much needed rest. And I’m feeling great - energized, steady, attentive. I’d keep it up for longer if it weren’t for all the holiday food to munch on. But maybe I’ll start doing this more regularly, maybe on moon days?

Practice today was slow and tentative, I’m afraid to do anything that might hurt my body (although I did backbends for the first time in a week - they felt good). David said to be “narrow” in what I eat over the holidays, and to make sure to give my body some time without food so it can direct energy towards healing.

No comments:

Post a Comment