Tuesday, November 9, 2010

A glimpse

David Keil is in Philadelphia for the week and I am LOVING practicing with him (check out his yoga anatomy blog!). His adjustments are like no other, and I am feeling wonderfully sore.

I read this quote on naturally nina's blog this morning, and it perfectly described what I felt during practice today:
“Peace: It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things, and still be calm in your heart.” ~Unknown
There can be so much chaos when I'm getting into a pose, but once I get there, and if I stay there, and especially if a teacher keeps me there, that noise can quickly quiet. Yoga gives a glimpse of the possibility of calm amidst chaos, something we all could use more of off of our yoga mats...

No comments:

Post a Comment