Let the first act of every morning be to make the following resolve for the day:
- I shall not fear anyone on Earth.
- I shall fear only God.
- I shall not bear ill will toward anyone.
- I shall not submit to injustice from anyone.
- I shall conquer untruth by truth.
- And in resisting untruth, I shall put up with all suffering.
- ~Mahatma Gandhi's mission
Last night during dinner on the balcony with good friends, some ever-present questions surfaced: where we are going with our lives, who do we want to be in 20 years, are we on the right path?
The idea of creating a personal mission statement came up … we googled it and found this: Stephen Covey's mission statement builder.
We went through the 10-steps of questions and it churned out our own personal mission statements (totally nerdy but we loved it).
Anyway, I couldn’t help thinking that this is something primary care doctors should be doing with their patients. How great would it be to have this in the front of medical charts and be able to check back on it each time a patient comes in for a visit.