Saturday, May 29, 2010

Live the questions

Tomorrow I head to Boulder for the month for yoga teacher training!

The past few days have been a mix of everything… mainly excitement, nervous anticipation, and sadness to be leaving my life here. 

More to come from Boulder, but first one of my favorites quotes that I've been thinking about lately...

Live Everything

I want to beg you, as much as I can,
to be patient toward all that is unresolved
in your heart and to try to love the questions
themselves like locked rooms and like books
that are written in a very foreign tongue.

Do not seek the answers, which cannot
be given you because you would not be able
to live them.

And the point is to live everything.
Live the questions now.

Perhaps you will then gradually,
without noticing it, live along
some distant day into the answer. 

~ Rainer Maria Rilke

1 comment:

  1. Sigh...Christina, this poem is beautiful. Gosh, I just love Rilke.

    ReplyDelete