Sunday, October 31, 2010

Fall food indulgences

Apple sauce 
Peel and cube apples. Throw in pot, add a little water to cover the bottom. Add a little honey/ agave. Cook on medium heat, stir occasionally (for about 30 minutes or until apples soften). Add cinnamon and nutmeg (as much as you like).
:


Carrot cake muffins (vegan and sugar free)
Preheat to 350 F. Mix: 1.5 cups flour, 1 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp baking soda, 1.5 tsp cinnamon, 1.5 cups applesauce, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1 carrot shredded, raisins (walnuts would be a good too!).
Bake for 25 minutes or until done.


Mulled wine 
Heat 1.5 cups water, add bottle of red wine, add 3 cinnamon sticks and 4 cloves, add thinly sliced small orange and lemon, add a couple drops of vanilla, simmer for 3 minutes and serve! 



Yum!

Now off to Sunday morning practice!

5 comments:

  1. Hmmm, that looks absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fell into the pictures ... Yum Squared!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting the simple and delicious looking recipes! This is great for someone like me who needs simplicity (and no sugar). I'm definitely going to make apple sauce and muffins soon! mmmm!

    I never comment, but I read your blog all the time. It's great! I love that you write about health, nutrition and yoga.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My applesauce is even simpler. Chopped apples in a pot with a splash of water on the bottom, cook covered until soft and mash with a potato masher. Sometimes I even leave the skins on for some extra texture. Try it sometime, it really highlights the simple deliciousness of the apples!
    I can't wait to try out the mulled wine recipe. It sounds perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your easy apple sauce recipe, Sara! Great idea to leave some of the skins on - I'll try that next time. And I agree that the honey/agave is probably not necessary at all!

    ReplyDelete