“You may have occasion to possess or use material things, but the secret of life lies in never missing them.” ~Gandhi
Really loved this Zen Habits blog post about lessons we can learn from Gandhi... I think these are also practiced through yoga.
They include the following:
- Accumulate little (Gandhi had fewer than 10 possessions when he died)
- Eat simple food (Gandhi ate vegetarian and local food out of a small wooden bowl)
- Dress simply (for comfort and purpose, not to impress)
- Lead a simple, stress-free life (Gandhi meditated daily and kept his life simple while being a powerful world leader)
- Let your life be your message (Gandhi spread his message by the way he lived his day-to-day life)